Support Staff - Head PEAK Hockey Instructor
Mike has experience coaching athletes from various age levels and skill ranges , and a seasoned and skilled player and coach. Mike played professional hockey in Denmark for six years playing against names like Jannick Hansen and Frans Nielsen, and he also coached in Denmark, obtaining national coaching certification in both Denmark and Canada. Mike coached the Junior B team out of Airdrie for four years, and prior to that, he coached spring teams and elite level goaltenders, instructed at hockey camps and provided one on one skills training to young players for a number of years. Ha has been involved with Hockey Alberta in the Alberta Cup, Alberta Winter Game and Arctic Winter Games programs, He has also instructed for Hockey Canada in Skills Camps and Goaltender Programming. He has worked with a number of athletes that have gone on to higher levels NHL players such as Matt Dumba (Minnesota Wild), Coda Gordon (Calgary Flames), Hunter Shinkaruk (Calgary Flames) and Morgan Klimchuk (Calgary Flames) and Josh Morrisey (Winnipeg Jets), NCAA players such as Aaron Dell (University of North Dakota, San Jose Sharks), James Robinson (Penn State), Cam Amantea (Univeristy of Alaska) are just a few of the names that he has worked with, along with numerous others that playing NCAA and in the Junior A leagues in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Mike has coached at the Edge school for a number of years. He ran the goalie program and coached a 2000 spring team at the school, He also has been head coach for the Swiss international Midget AAA team out of Cochrane.
- 2018 Head Coach Arctic Winter Game Junior Female
- 2016 Head Coach Arctic Winter Game Bantam Male (Gold Medalist)
- 2013-14 Head Coach for the Arctic Winter Games Male (Silver Medalist), and Northeast Quadrant Alberta winter Games Teams
- 2011-2013 Head Coach Edge Maroon Midget AA
- 2010/11 Head Coach of the SISEC Selects Midget AAA team based out of Cochrane
- 2009/10 & 2011-12 Head Coach of the Airdrie Thunder Junior B
- 2006-2009 Assistant and Goalie coach for the Airdrie Thunder Junior B
- 2007-2010 Goaltending Director and Midget AA Assistant Coach Edge School for Athletes
- 2008 & 2009 Head Coach of the Edge Mountaineer 2000 spring hockey team
- Certified High Performance Level 1 hockey coach from Hockey Alberta
- Level 3 Canadian Amateur Coaching association (NCCP)
- Level 2 certified coaching certification from Danish National Ice Hockey Federation
- Sports Management and Business Degree from Mount Royal College