Ecole McTavish Public High School Timetable
The Benefits of Delaying School Start Times
- Teens may be more likely to get the recommended amount of sleep.
- A delayed start time could help teens sleep during their natural sleep/wake cycles.
- Teens may be less likely to depend on caffeine to stay awake during the day.
- Adequate sleep could help teens be more alert during the school day, which could boost their academic performance.
- Sleeping longer could reduce health-related issues that accompany sleep deprivation.
- Getting home later in the afternoon may reduce the amount of time some teens are home alone, and could decrease the likelihood teens will engage in unhealthy activities.