Sponsor: Clearwater Horse Club
Nomination: Students must be in grade 12 and eligible to receive a High School Diploma.
Purpose: To encourage students to further their post-secondary education in Equine fields of study.
Eligibility / Criteria:
- First, open to students who are continuing their post-secondary education in equine fields
- Second, if no applicants for Equine post-secondary, then other common fields of study which include Animal Science, Veterinary, Agriculture
- Finally, if not applicant for the above noted field of study, open to any student attending an Alberta post-secondary program.
- Recipient to provide proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institute.
- Clearwater Horse Club requires a letter from the recipient following the completion of the first term for the purpose of updating their members.
- A short essay is required, discussing the applicants’ interest in the equine field, experience, and future goals.
- Alberta Program first = 1 point.
- Involvement with Equine programs, such as 4-H Club, Riding Clubs and personal riding experience = 2 points.
- 70% or higher grade point average = 1 point.
Total of 4 points, if a tie occurs, names will be drawn to select the winner.
- Two Clearwater Horse Club Members
- One Public School Board employee
- One Catholic School Board employee
Application Deadline: April 30, please submit completed applications to Student Services.