GETTING ON AND OFF THE BUS
• Be safe while waiting – stand back from the curb so your bus can pull over safely.
• Form an orderly line when boarding your bus (front door), and let passengers exit first.
• Make sure you pay your fare ($2 or one ticket) or show your bus pass to the driver.
• Leave space for everyone; move to the back of the bus when boarding.
• Be courteous and allow your driver to concentrate on operating the bus – please don’t move
around when the bus is moving, and hold onto the handrails when standing.
• Exit from the back door and allow those with mobility needs to exit first.
RIDING THE RIGHT WAY
Everyone plays a role in making our school buses and bus shelters safe and respectful for passengers and Transit staff.
Follow the Transit Code to do your part!
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Be respectful and courteous
- Be Safe
- Speak calmly and kindly
- Respect personal space and privacy
- Do not litter or damage property
- Respect the rights and identities of all
- Be mindful of the mobility needs of others.
THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIOUR WON’T BE TOLERATED:
• Behaviour that threatens the safety of others or the safe operation of the bus.
• Harassment or discrimination of any kind.
• Smoking, vaping, drinking alcohol or using other drugs.
• Littering - whatever you bring onto Transit property should also leave with you.
• Eating and drinking - wait until you get off the bus.
• Excessive noise or disorderly conduct.
• Vandalizing or creating graffiti on any transit property
REMEMBER YOUR PASSENGER COURTESY
• Use headphones when listening to music.
• Please don’t wear strong-smelling perfumes, cologne, or deodorants.